- Catalog Home
- Acoustic Materials
- Assistive Listening
- Audience Response Systems
- Audio Conferencing Equipment
- Audio Production Equipment
- AV Furniture
- AV Lifts
- AV Software
- Cables & Connectors
- Camera Auxiliary Equipment
- Camera Controls
- Camera Power Supplies
- Camera Supports
- Cameras - Special Application
- Cameras - Studio Video
- Cases & Bags
- Ceiling, Floor, Table & Wall Boxes
- Computer Auxiliary Equipment
- Computer Components & Storage
- Computers (Professional)
- Conferencing / Discussion Systems
- Content Recording & Storage Systems
- Control Panels & Interfaces
- Control Systems
- Digital & Streaming Media Distribution Equipment
- Digital Cameras (Still)
- Displays & Monitors
- Document Cameras (Visualizers)
- Energy Monitoring & Management
- Fans & Coolers
- Fiber Optic Systems
- Headphones, Headsets & Earsets
- Intercom & IFB Systems
- Language Interpretation
- Lighting Auxiliary Equipment
- Lighting Control Systems
- Lighting Fixtures
- Listening Centers / Stations
- Markerboards & Easels
- Meters & Monitoring Equipment
- Monopods & Tripods
- Network Equipment
- Plates & Panels
- Portable Lighting
- Power Distribution
- Power Supplies
- Presentation & Environmental Controls
- Presentation & Training Aids
- Product Support
- Production Duplication
- Production Recording Equipment
- Projection Screens
- Projectors & Accessories
- Public Address (PA), Paging & Background Music Systems
- Radio Communications Systems
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Security / Life Safety Call & Paging
- Signal Processing Systems
- Signal Routing / Switching
- Sound Masking & Speech Privacy Systems
- Soundfield Systems
- Surveillance Equipment
- Telephony & VoIP Systems
- Test & Measurement Equipment
- Tour Group Systems
- Video Conferencing Equipment
- Video Production Equipment
- Video Walls
- Wireless Signal Processing
- See All
- AV Manufacturers
- New AV Equipment
- AV News & Video
- Contact Us
- Manufacturer's Home
- New Products (9)
- See all Products (162)
- AV Software (2)
- Digital & Streaming Media Distribution Equipment (1)
- Displays & Monitors (12)
- Production Recording Equipment (1)
- Projectors (113)
- Signal Processing Systems (9)
- Signal Routing / Switching (2)
- Speakers (9)
- Video Conferencing Equipment (1)
- Video Production Equipment (1)
- Video Walls (11)
- See all Case Studies (275)
- See all News (76)
- See all Videos (97)
- See all BIM objects (65)
What's new at Christie
- Christie 3D Visualization Solutions Chosen for Virtual Construction Simulation at Toronto's George Brown College BIM Lab
- Christie Announces Executive Appointments
- Christie to Showcase Wide Range of Digital Signage Solutions and Professional Services at DSE 2014
- Christie Showcases Total Visualization Solutions at 8th SIAM Styling & Design Conclave
- Christie Delivers The Intuitive Touch and Affordability in Commercial Grade Full HD Flat Panels
Article posted on Apr 13, 2012
See Christie at Booth # SL2111
NAB/LAS VEGAS – (April 13, 2012) – Christie® is showcasing some of its newest technologies at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show April 16-19 including a High Frame Rate (HFR) 3D demonstration, an expanded portfolio of 3-chip DLP® projectors that can natively project in portrait orientation and the introduction of two new 3LCD projectors. Also on the booth is a new Christie broadcast set design featuring an interactive tiled display wall.
Front and center in the high definition Christie broadcast set design is a concave backdrop of 138 Christie MicroTiles®. The 48 center tiles feature interactive technology while two portrait-mounted 55-inch Christie FHD551-x flat panels frame the sides of this fully integrated display.
With the elimination of furniture and its shallow profile view, the set is designed to show the future of broadcast sets. In addition to the interactive component allowing on-air personalities to manipulate content and illustrate their story, the set changes from one design to another with a simple touch.
Managing and controlling the multiple display and video processing technologies for maximum viewer engagement is the Christie Spyder X20 video processor.
HFR Projection Technology on Display
Christie presented the first public demonstration of HFR projection in 2011 and, for NAB 2012, it continues its technology leadership. On Monday, April 16 at 4:30 p.m. local time, in an exclusive demonstration, 3D content from award-winning director James Cameron will be screened for the media.
Using the Christie CP2220 Digital Cinema® projector, Christie will show the James Cameron directed medieval feast and sword fight. This 40-minute video (showing 24, 48 and 60 frames per second comparisons of cinema content) will be held several times daily in a theater-like experience complete with red velvet rope.
The Christie CP2220 projector offers full 2K resolution triple flash for 3D projection and built-in support for HDCP and de-interlacing of alternative content. Using the Texas Instruments 1.2" DMD allows for bigger, brighter 3D movies, and more efficient cooling which extends the life of the projector.
Chritie Launches a New 3LCD Projector Platform
Part of a new series, the Christie LX501 and Christie LX601i projectors are designed for small-to-medium sized venues in higher education, corporate environments and government agencies. These XGA models are the first of a new 3LCD platform that will include wide resolution models later this year.
The Christie LX501 is a 5000 lumen XGA (1024 x 768 resolution) projector that adds another feature-rich, yet affordable solution to Christie’s 3LCD product lineup.
The professional-grade Christie LX601i XGA projector offers 6000 lumens and is suitable for similar venues in the ProAV market requiring slightly higher brightness. It also offers an intuitive LCD information display panel to make setup and maintenance easier to manage.
This versatile series includes a 20,000 hours hybrid filter; expandable, wireless connectivity and a suite of optional lenses – including repeatable lens memory recall settings – making these models perfect for multi-screen applications.
Christie Expands 3-Chip DLP Portrait Display Offerings
The Christie J Series, the Christie Roadie HD+35K and now the Christie M Series offer the flexibility to create displays in portrait orientation in models ranging from 5,000 to 35,000 lumens. Not all content comes in a standard 16:9 or similar format and some of today’s most captivating visual presentations require creating displays in portrait orientation.
With all of Christie’s 3-chip DLP projectors now capable of portrait mode, customers have more flexibility to showcase natural, native content display configurations – all without compromising brightness – making Christie solutions ideal for concerts, projection mapping and other large venue applications. Portrait mode also offers more vertical pixels, higher vertical resolution, and shorter throw distance capabilities using multiple projectors.
Christie is featuring its own projection mapping display including – all in portrait orientation – two Christie Roadster HD20K-J models along with a Christie Roadie HD+35K. In another portrait orientation display, four Christie HD10K-M projectors will display content on their own widescreen canvas. Both displays will demonstrate the flexibility, power and performance of Christie’s 3-chip DLP projection solutions in any orientation.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates, event notifications and promotions from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.